Cover Design Competition
Calling African artists and graphic designers!
We need your help! We are looking for graphic designers or artists based on the African continent to create a front cover design for the brochure for Africa in Motion 2018. In the thirteenth edition of the festival, we will be entering our rebellious teenage years and will be exploring the theme of rebellion within our festival programme. From political or resistance movements, coming-of-age dramas, youth and popular culture, to rebelling against the dominant image or narrative of Africa this will be an all-encompassing theme throughout the festival. We are therefore looking for cover designs to represent this theme. Designs can be as intricate or as simple as you like but should be light and bright colours.
The winning design will be awarded a cash prize of £500.
Submissions will close on Friday 27th July and all submissions should be emailed to email@example.com . Please see full specifications below.
- All designs must be hi res, bright in colour for printing on newspaper
- Design must be vertically oriented
- Designs will be used on the brochure cover (180 X 260mm) and must also be easily translated into a variety of media (online banners, book covers, etc.)
- Design must reflect the theme "Rebellion”
- Design must include the Festival logo (see below), and dates: 26th October – 4th November 2018
- Africa in Motion festival logo: https://app.box.com/s/jbfzo13pitc2vss1rejv7vjod3ftt7jy
- Artists must use their own original artwork; Copyrighted characters, images or clip art will not be accepted
- All file submissions must be in pdf jpeg or png format
- Entries must be submitted at 300 dpi (CMYK)
- File must be no larger than 12 MB