Job title: Volunteer Coordinator
Employment dates: 14 August 2017 to 14 Nov 2017
Salary: £650 per month, 2 days per week
Based at: Africa in Motion Office, Templeton House, Bridgeton, Glasgow
Report to: Festival Producer
Deadline: Friday 28 July 2017
This new role is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience of supporting and managing volunteers to join us as Volunteer Coordinator. Africa in Motion is an annual African film festival taking place in Scotland, comprised of film screenings and complementary events. We are looking to appoint a Volunteer Coordinator to help manage volunteers and interns in the lead up to and during our annual festival. The position will be based in Glasgow and Edinburgh, with some flexibility required in order to alternate working days between the two cities.
Based in Glasgow or Edinburgh.
Experience in volunteer induction, training, support and coordination.
Experience of working in a small, charitable arts organisation.
Experience of working with BAME community groups.
Experience of working as volunteer coordinator for a film festival.
Your roles and responsibilities will include:
• Working with core members of staff to devise volunteering roles and positions.
• Working to develop partnerships with relevant organisations and involve them in the recruitment of volunteers.
• Developing and implementing an engagement strategy that specifically targets African diaspora communities.
• Working to recruit around 40 volunteers for the festival.
• Developing an induction pack introducing volunteers to the work of the festival and providing all volunteers with a full induction of their roles and responsibilities.
• Providing or organising training and support to volunteers as needed.
• Monitoring, managing and supporting volunteers throughout the implementation of the festival projects, creating and maintaining volunteering schedules.
• Meeting regularly with volunteers and the festival’s management staff to continuously monitor the progress and success of volunteering structures.
• Meeting with volunteer and management staff to evaluate the volunteering processes at the end of festival projects.
• Coordinating interim and final evaluation reports.
• Providing accurate and timely progress reports on project activity as required.
Send your CV and a one-page cover letter, explaining why you are an ideal candidate, to Festival Producer Justine Atkinson: [email protected] by the deadline of 5pm, Friday, 28 July 2017. Please ensure that you address the above criteria in your cover letter, and that you include in your CV the names and contact details of two referees who could be contacted in advance of an interview. Interviews will be held in Glasgow early August.