Get Involved: Apply Now to be a Short Film Pre-Selector!
19th July 2022
Do you love films? Or get excited by the discovery of new stories?
If so, Africa in Motion invites you to apply for a paid opportunity to join the pre-selection panel, which will review submissions for our 2022 short film competition.
Our mission is to help create a world where African and Black diaspora artists are supported wholly with all the resources they need to experiment and forge visionary work. We believe that their stories matter and have the power to transform the world. The annual short film competition is a cornerstone of the festival and is usually one of our most popular screenings. We are delighted to introduce a new pathway for emerging curators to participate in our festival!
Who We Are Looking For
The pre-selectors will be supported and overseen by the AiM programming team. Previous industry experience isn’t required, but our ideal pre-selectors will have an interest in the film industry and demonstrate the ability to engage discerningly with the short film submissions. This is an excellent opportunity to gain programming experience, network, and play a key role in shaping our 2022 festival edition. We particularly welcome candidates who are people of colour and/or from under-represented backgrounds.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Be 18+ years old
- Demonstrate a proven interest in films
- Be able to work virtually, and can be based anywhere in the world.
- Stick to deadlines
- Be available to attend three virtual viewing committee progress meetings (August 18th, August 30th, and September 5th).
If you are selected, you will join an introductory online session on how to approach being a pre-selector and programmer on August 8th.
You Will Get:
- A fee of £500
- A film festival pass to the online programme of our 17th edition (November 2022). For candidates in the UK, you will also receive free tickets for any in-person festival activities we are able to deliver (pending COVID-19 updates).
- A professional industry reference and a mentoring session on request
To apply, register your interest on this form by Wednesday 3 August, 23:59(BST). If you encounter any problems or have some additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact our festival team at email@example.com. We’re always happy to help and can’t wait to hear from you!